Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Odds & Sods 2

Please Note My New Title... The author of this website has bestowed a new job title on me -- see the sixth line of this post from Thailand's Telecom & Hi-Tech Online News.

Bruce McCall Makes Me Laugh Out Loud... but that's been happening since he started with the National Lampoon a few decades back (guilty - I read it in high school and college). Every time he does a New Yorker cover or cartoon or article, I stop and savor it. I love the way he finds absurdity in architecture and farce in forms. I was delighted to see that the folks at TED appreciate McCall as much as I do -- here's a McCall video where he presents his concepts of "retrofuturism" and "techno-archaeology."

Let's Celebrate "Record Store Day" While We Still Can... They're a vanishing breed. Fortunately, for the second year running, over 700 of them coast-to-coast will be celebrating the joys of CDs and, yes, vinyl. I'll drop in on Hideaway Records in my Chestnut Hill neighborhood on April 18 -- visit the website to find the last of the independent disk sellers in your area.

No comments: